Couples therapy or marital therapy can be utilized to address multiple conflicts with a pair of individuals and can be initiated at different stages of the relationship as in when deciding to become more committed to one another, stay together or break up or end the relationship in a healthy manner. Such issues that can be addressed in couples therapy include…
- Deciding whether or not to get married and have children
- Creating healthy boundaries with in-laws and other family members
- Deciding whether to stay together or separate and/or divorce
- Establishing balance within the relationship to preserve identity
- Working through betrayals of trust and infidelity
- Establishing new methods of communication and problem-solving
We will address the perspectives of each partner so that individual and family-related goals are voiced and worked through in a safe and neutral environment.